Media on education essay introduction - Eletrometalcon
Media culture and education essays
Increasingly, teachers and schools are attempting to leverage the engaging qualities of Social Media for use in the classroom and beyond - connecting students, teachers, and parents better than ever before.The use of social media in school can't be left to chance; it needs to be mediated.
- 96%: of students with internet access report using social networking technologies
- 75%: of 7th through 12th graders have at least one social media profile
- 63%: increase in the amount of time kids ages 2-11 spent online between 2004-2009 3
- 59%: of students who use social networking talk about education topics online2
- 50%: of those who talk about education topics online, talk specifically about schoolwork 2
- 35%: of schools have student and/or instructor-run blogs 2
- 46%: of schools have students participate in online pen pal or other international programs 2
- 49%: of National School Boards Association (NSBA) schools participate in online collaboration with other schools 2
- 59%: of schools say their students use social networking for educational purposes 2
- 27%: of schools have an online community for teachers and administrators 2
- 69%: of American high schools have banned cell phones 3Skype, YouTube, and Facebook are the most popular social networking sites used in schools 2
- Enables students to see how their social networks can influence school activities, and vice versa.
Role of media on education essay - Praca i Biznes
As social media and technology begin to change the landscape of higher education, admissions officers are looking for new ways to get to know potential students.